|Member of the Senate|
29 April 2008 – 14 March 2013
|Member of the European Parliament|
20 July 1999 – 29 April 2008
|Member of the Chamber of Deputies|
13 April 1992 – 20 July 1999
|Born||10 May 1946|
|Political party||PRI (till 2001; 2011-2020)|
MRE (2001–2011; since 2020)
|Alma mater||Libera Università Maria SS. Assunta|
|Profession||Politician, school principal|
Graduated in philosophy and psychology at the LUMSA in 1969, Luciana Sbarbati worked as university assistant and school principal. As member of the Italian Republican Party, she was elected parliamentary Deputy in 1992, in 1994 (into the Alliance of Progressives) and 1996 (into the Populars for Prodi).
In 1999 she was elected MEP and was re-confirmed in 2004. As MEP she was member of the Bureau of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe and sat on the European Parliament's Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs and its Committee on Petitions.
In the 2008 general election she was elected Senator among the ranks of the Democratic Party. In 2011, with the reunification of PRI and MRE, sanctioned by the PRI congress held in Rome on February 25, 26 and 27, Luciana Sbarbati returned to the PRI and its National Directorate.
- Handicap e integrazione scolastica (20 anni di esperienze)
- Il messaggio morale e educativo di Antoine de Saint Exupéry
- Adolescenti incontro alla vita
- L'Europa e la sfida dei nuovi diritti di cittadinanza'
- Personal profile of Luciana Sbarbati in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (in Italian)